Every patient/patient representative has the right to:
- Be provided with verbal and written notice of patient rights in advance of the date of the procedure in a language and manner that they understand;
- Receive private, respectful, and safe care by competent personnel free of all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation or harassment;
- Be informed in advance regarding care, diagnosis, treatment and the risks and benefits of such, and prognosis;
- Make informed decisions regarding care and treatment and to receive information necessary to make those decisions;
- Refuse care, treatment, scheduled provider, and to be informed of the medical consequences of refusing such;
- Refuse participation in research;
- Formulate advance directives and to have the health clinic comply with those directives unless the clinic notifies the patient of the inability to do so; and have their advance directive displayed in a prominent place on their medical record;
- Information concerning the HSC's policies on advance directives, including a description of applicable State health and safety laws and, if requested, official State advance directive forms;
- Personal privacy and confidentiality of medical records. (The HSC must comply with the DHHS' rules for the privacy and security of individually identifiable information.)
- Access information contained in your medical record within a reasonable time when requested;
- Receive services without discrimination based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin or payer;
- Request information about a health care provider's credentials;
- Change providers, if other qualified providers ar available.
- Voice complaints and grievances without discrimination or reprisal and have those complaints and grievances addressed.
Heartland Surgery Center sincerely hopes that we meet your expectations. If you wish to voice a complaint or make a suggestion, please call (308) 865-2670 and ask to speak to the Administrator or the Director of Clinical Services in his/her absence.
Heartland Surgery Center is licensed as a Health Clinic by the State of Nebraska.
Complaints may be directed to:
Department of Health & Human Services
Division of Public Health Licensure Unit
Attn: Health Facility Investigations
PO Box 94986
Lincoln, NE 68509-4986
Heartland Surgery Center is accredited by Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. Complaints may be directed to:
Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
5250 Orchard Road, Suite 200
Skokie, IL 60077
Patients who are Medicare beneficiaries may receive additional help from the Beneficiary Ombudsman: